Flegg High Ormiston Academy

Trips

There are currently a series of educational visits that have been arranged and you may have already made a financial contribution to these visits.  It is important to clarify the current status of the visits, there is a constantly changing landscape and we will notify you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them.

  • The Globe – This trip is now cancelled.  We are currently in negotiations with them over how we move forward, whether this is a full refund or a voucher to repeat the trip at a later date.  When this is clearer we will be in touch with refund information.
  • Battlefields – The trip company’s current position is that trips have only been cancelled up to the end of April.  Therefore as this trip is in July, the current status is that the trip is going ahead. If we cancel the trip now, you will lose your deposit, whereas, if we wait for the government advice to be updated to cancel trips in July then we will be able to claim fees back from our insurance providers.
  • Year 8 camp – Hautbois House are currently planning for the summer as usual. However, they understand the difficult situation that parents and schools are in.  Therefore, they will only ask for final payment in the week before the visit. If the visit does not go ahead, we are looking at the potential to defer the visit and transfer the deposit to the new date.

We will continue to keep you updated of any further information as soon as we have it.

Mrs R Bullard

Business Manager