Equality Objectives and Information at Flegg
Staff at Flegg High Ormiston Academy are committed to promoting and upholding equality and community cohesion, and have strong commitment to fairness in everything that we do. Our approach encompasses the following:
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make sure that the academy is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some students extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to students and parents/ carers, and through our Student Leadership Team and Student Cabinet.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
Please CLICK HERE for the full Academy Equality Information and Objectives report.