At Flegg High Ormiston Academy we think homework is very important for the following reasons:
- Helps develop positive study skills and habits
- Encourages children to work independently and take responsibility for their work
- To review and practice what has been covered in class
- To help prepare children for the next phase of their work
- To help children to use a variety of resources including reference materials: websites, books etc.
- It enables children to explore subjects/topics in more depth
- Children can integrate and apply many different skills into tasks and projects
It is important that parents/carers offer help, guidance, support and encouragement for homework, but need to resist the urge to give answers to children!
Children will be given homework appropriate to their age and ability.
The Student Planner is a key document in the partnership between home and school and should be signed weekly by the school and home.
Any concerns regarding homework should be via the subject teacher in the first instance.