Ethos & Values
Flegg High Ormiston Academy offers:
- Strong and caring pastoral support, featuring a vibrant house system which features a successful prefect scheme
- An evolving curriculum that provides students with opportunities to pursue learning pathways they are passionate about
- Wide ranging enrichment opportunities both inside and outside of school to encourage wider learning, including science, technology, engineering and maths (STEMM), sport, debating and performing arts
- A vibrant student leadership body, who meet regularly with staff to provide a strong and effective voice within the school
- Excellent facilities including a 3G pitch, purpose built art studio and lecture theatre
- Strong community links exemplified by the student and staff Events Team, who help organise and run school and charity events throughout the year
We are committed to ensuring high quality teaching and strong pastoral care provide the foundation for students to succeed, and to enter the next phase of their lives with confidence and a passion for learning. I feel privileged to work with the students, staff, families and governors who all play such an important role in making our OAT academy the wonderful place it is.
At Flegg we aim to foster creative and enquiring minds to enable all members of our school community to be life-long learners. We will develop ambitious learners who have the courage to face challenge, are inspirational in achieving excellence, have the determination to overcome difficulties, are encouraging and supportive of others and who are proud of their achievements. We will promote tolerance, respect, diversity, equality and our shared values so that our school is a welcoming, safe and secure place to learn and live.
We are always delighted to welcome visitors who wish to meet staff and students at our academy, and to experience our learning community for themselves.