Admissions - Open Evening 2020
Any school can put together a good open evening. All head teachers can put out a strong sales pitch. Most schools can create glossy prospectuses and engaging websites. At Flegg High Ormiston Academy, we know that what really matters is what happens day in day out in our academy for our students.
At Flegg, we are focused on creating happy, successful students who are always safe. We know that in education there is always room for improvement and our best will never be good enough for our children and there is no excuse for less than this. Our values reflect what we do and achieve:
- Happy students get to study a broad range of subjects. Did you know that at Key Stage 3 all students study an academic core including two languages alongside music, art, dance, drama and technology every week?
- Our students are successful. Our outcomes in academic subjects exceed the national averages with many students achieving grades 9-7. Subjects within the English Baccalaureate are a particular strength (English, mathematics, science including triple science and computer science, history, geography, French and Spanish) and Ebacc results exceed national averages.
- We have a strong track record in securing our student’s long term success with the number of students going on to further education, employment and training routinely exceeding national standards at 98%. Our relationship with OAT has helped secure students post-16 scholarships at top independent schools. Students build on their academic success with us and go on to secure Oxbridge places.
- Did you know that from the first day of lockdown in March all students received 5 hours a day of online learning following their normal curriculums? Students engaged with teachers live in online classrooms with many teachers providing audio demonstrations. Over 50 paper packs were also delivered to students every 3 weeks to ensure no one lost out. Between March and June, almost 19 000 student teacher interactions took place during lessons. Evidence from national studies including NfER suggest this was significantly better than what was offered nationally.
- Our students are safe. An Inclusion Manager, Pastoral Support Workers and a qualified School Nurse supplement the work of our dedicated form tutors and Year Leaders.
- Because of what we do, our students come from as far away as Lowestoft and Norwich every day. They clearly think the journey is worth it! Make sure you ask our admissions team about transport.
- We believe in community. Our Event Team launched a Foodbank Friday initiative last September which has continued to support local foodbanks during and post lockdown. We even brought our community together with online quiz nights during lockdown!
Interested in finding out more about Flegg. Sign up here for our Open Event Launch:
Sign up to our Open Event for prospective year 7 students and in-year admissions on Thursday 24th September at 5.00pm by clicking here
We are delighted to welcome all prospective students and parents/carers to our academy.
For those considering applying for a Year 7 place in September, we hold an Open Evening giving you an opportunity to tour the academy and meet our staff and students, please contact the Principals PA:
A formal application needs to be completed and submitted directly to the Norfolk Local Admissions Service. Further details are available at www.norfolk.gov.uk/admissions. You can contact the Norfolk Admissions Officer by e-mail: [email protected] or phone: 01603 638036. The school adheres to the local authority "Fair Access Protocol".
As an academy, The Academy Trust is responsible for our academy admissions and decides how students are admitted. Please click here to see the school's Admissions Policy for the current year. The policy for academic year 2021/2022 is available here, and for 2022/2023 here.
Please click for a copy of our Prospectus