Flegg High Ormiston Academy

Bus Service

School bus service – Norfolk County Council

Bus Passes

The travel pass must be scanned when boarding the vehicle.

If a pass is not scanned, high school students will be asked to pay the appropriate fare or will be refused travel. Temporary travel passes can be obtained from the high school at break or lunch time only, which will allow students to travel for a maximum of two weeks while they get a replacement from Norfolk County Council Travel and Transport. To obtain a replacement bus pass you can pay at www.norfolk.gov.uk/payforyourtravelpass or by credit/debit card by calling 0344 800 8020. There is a charge of £10.00 to replace passes which are lost or damaged.

Safety- getting to and from the pick up point

 All students should be familiar with and follow the Highway Code.

Parents should note that their child is their responsibility before they board the vehicle in the morning and after they leave the vehicle at the end of the day. They should know how to get to and from the stop safely and in good time (at least 10 mins before departure time).

Transport may sometimes run late – students should wait at the bus stop 30 minutes after the stated departure time before returning home, and should know who to contact if this happens and you are not at home.

Safety- on the vehicle

Students should behave sensibly and appropriately at all times.

They should follow the driver's instructions and not do anything to put themselves or the other passengers at risk. If a student is reported to be behaving inappropriately which may cause offence or be a danger to the driver or other passengers, they risk being banned from school transport for a period of time. If the incident is serious, they can be permanently banned from school transport and if they damage the vehicle in any way, then parents will be charged for the repair of any damage caused.

The student is responsible for putting on their own seatbelt. Seatbelts are not required on local bus services by law.

CCTV is in operation on some vehicles now. If we get reports of poor behaviour, we are able to view the CCTV and use this as evidence for a travel ban, for example, the use of mobile phones to take photographs on board the vehicle is prohibited.

If you have any concerns or queries please contact us on 0344 800 8020, or on [email protected] or write to us at Passenger Transport, County Hall, NORWICH, NR1 2SG.