Vice Principal – Standards and Expectations
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Senior Leadership Team at Flegg High Ormiston Academy as Vice Principal for Standards and Expectations from April 2022.
Flegg High Ormiston Academy is part of the Ormiston Academies Trust. The academy has an excellent profile locally, is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and has won many prestigious awards. We actively promote development of the whole child, as well as ensuring access to a broad and balanced curriculum and excellent extra-curricular opportunities. Quite simply, we believe that every member of Flegg High Ormiston Academy has the right to be happy, safe and successful.
We are expanding our Senior Leadership Team, adding a second Vice Principal to help ensure that we are able to maintain the high standards that have been achieved so far. This role will suit an ambitious and successful Assistant Principal/Assistant Headteacher or a current Vice Principal/Deputy Headteacher looking for a new challenge.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- To act as Senior Designated Professional for Child Protection and work with the ADSL to ensure all processes within the academy are in line with recommended guidance.
- Oversee the leadership and line manage SEND, LAC, Pastoral, Safeguarding and Attendance teams.
- Lead on personal development, be the EVC and line manage careers, PSHE/Citizenship, British Values and enrichment.
- Lead on ‘Closing the Gap’ initiatives and drive school improvement forward.
- Lead on the use of data in relevant areas.
If you would like an informal conversation with the Principal, or to arrange a visit, please contact the Principal’s PA (Mrs Spooner) on 01493 749207or email [email protected]
How to apply:
Complete the application from on the Ormiston website: Jobs at Ormiston Academies Trust (oatcareers.co.uk). Your supporting statement must include references to the job description. In addition, please explain why you are the right person for the role, specifically in relation to Flegg High Ormiston Academy.
Closing date: Monday 24th January 2022
Interviews: W/C 31st January 2022
Start Date: 19th April 2022
L17-L21 £62,570 - £69,031